The Gemini-6 is a high performance fiber laser machine for cutting metallic tubular shields, such as that seen in high temperature thermocouples. It has a rotary and a linear optical assembly to allow a circumference cut as well as a number of longitudinal slits (up to 4). This makes it easy to remove the metal jacket by gently flexing the cable and squashing the slug. The laser does not damage the inner conductors. The stripping process is repeatable and clean.
Laser wire stripping offers an effective alternative to mechanical methods, which are less able to cope with the new generation of small gage wires and can cause damage to the conductors from burring.
Features and Benefits
- Clean and precise - damage-free stripping, with minimal burring along cut edge; fewer rejects of high value parts.
- Easy to configure - custom control system enables simple programming of strip length, strip speed and number of passes.
- Flexible and versatile - quick loading of single cables up to 1 mm (0.04") metal wall thickness; parts can be cut from 1.5 mm (0.06") to 10 mm (0.4") outer diameter and up to 100 mm (4") slitting length.
- Effortless stripping - operator inserts part into the system and selects a pre-programmed recipe from a list on the the color touchscreen, thereby activating stripping to pre-set parameters.
- Safe - Class 1 enclosure around a Class 4 laser with safety lock door.
- Low maintenance - no laser or machine wear parts. Runs from a standard single phase 230V / 120V electrical supply requirement.