Laser wire stripping is ideal for the following applications (typically where mechanical tools are no longer able to cope and when chemical methods are ruled out on safety grounds):
- Very thin wires – e.g. <38 AWG
- Microcoax – especially <40 AWG, and/or especially micro-coax ribbons – we can strip the shield too!
High Value / Quality Cables in the medical, defense and aerospace markets
- Very thin insulation (blades cause too much damage); e.g. ultrasound cables, RF ablation catheters or pacemaker electrodes
- Round metallic jackets, e.g. high-powered RF cables and high temperature mineral-insulated thermocouples
- Microwave coax cables.
Challenging / Labor Intensive Cables
- Foil insulations, e.g. on twin-ax data cables
- Ribbon cables
- Wires with bonded insulation
- Tough insulations, e.g. fiber glass
- Out of round cables.
Magnet / Enamelled Wires
- Thin magnet wire <38 AWG
- Ribbonized magnet wire (bifilar, tri-filar, etc)
- Very small magnet wire coils that need high quality.
Complex Strip Patterns
- Windows and complex strip patterns that mechanical solutions struggle with, but lasers easily master.
- When strip quality is paramount, i.e. when nicks, damage and residue cannot be tolerated.
- Review our application pages, to find out more about the types of wires which are suited for laser.
Or you can contact us now to discuss your requirements.