The Preferred Choice
Laser wire stripping is often the preferred choice over conventional mechanical or manual wire stripping methods because of its numerous benefits. And in some cases, is the only viable solution as it intrinsically gives high precision and unrivalled quality:
- Quality – lasers offer precision stripping with nick-free results (as the laser beam deflects off the inner conductor with little or no residue).
- Consistency – with +/- 0.004” (0.102 mm) repeatability, unlike traditional tools which wear over time and can therefore vary cutting parameters.
- Productivity– multiple wires can be processed at once.
- Versatility – different laser sources and configurations can strip a wide variety of wire and cable types, both semi-automatically and fully automatically, and with a range of strip patterns, including windows on jackets.
- Speed – up to80” (2000 mm) per second stripping speed for fastest processing.
- Challenging wires – can strip with ease bonded insulations as well as out of round cables, such as metallic or shielded multi-conductor jackets.
- Automation – inline options are available.
- Minimal scrap – very low process rejects because of the high-quality yield.
- Zero risk – no risk of process failure in manufacture and also in end-product use (e.g. medical device manufacture).
- Low wear and tear – laser is a contact-less process and therefore it is not subject to wear and tear (no need to replace blades as with mechanical or manual processes).
- Safe – a Class 1 laser safety enclosure for our Class 4 laser systems means that our machines can be used on an open shop floor. All equipment is fitted with dual fail-safe interlocked optical enclosure and monitoring. The main health and safety requirement is to have a fume extractor installed. All our equipment meets and exceeds UL, OSHA and EU legislation.
- Low maintenance – very few consumables required, other than periodic extraction filter changes and cleaning of lens with disposable lens wipes.
- Energy efficient – many of our systems run on low power using single phase supply.
Contact us today and allow us demonstrate to you how laser wire stripping can benefit you.