Do you want to revolutionise the medical sector with the use of Lasers and Robotics?
Are you a passionate Control Systems Engineer looking to develop your technical skillset whilst you progress through an industry leading business?
Does the opportunity to self-develop and progress within a dynamic and innovative company focused on creating solutions that helps save lives appeal?
Based on the outskirts of vibrant Cardiff, our team is at the cutting edge of laser & robot technology. Our expertise enables the world’s leading medical device manufacturers to automate their production to enable their life changing devices to impact ever more people.
With rolling hills and thriving cities right on our doorstep, we encourage a work life balance where our team are proud to work and live in beautiful South Wales, where adventure, culture and community are in affordable abundance.
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to join our highly innovative organisation undertaking life-saving partnerships with billion-dollar companies and technologically rich Customers. We create a culture where technical growth, new ideas and the advancement of possibilities are encouraged.
We offer a ‘people’ centric environment, focused on unlocking the growth of our close team in a fun, fair, and flexible way. We empower our team with the autonomy to have a significant impact and reach for the stars, allowing all to challenge the status quo as we strive for technical and brand excellence.
You will be responsible for executing the internal or external project development life cycle at Laser Wire Solutions to meet customer, machinery and quality standards. The role will also have an active part in continuous improvement of products and procedures. You will be responsible for creating technical specifications, software and/or electrical design and implementation through to commissioning the final machine before it is shipped to the end user. There may also be duties pertaining to remote and site support as escalation for the company Service Team.
· Execute full machine controls software development life cycle for machine products to meet customer and quality standards.
· Provide recommendations for continuous improvement of controls/automation products and procedures.
· Create technical specifications and documentation in line with company quality and procedures for internal and customer use.
· Perform root cause analysis for any issues and implement corrective and preventative actions.
· Develop a good technical understanding of Laser Wire Solutions products from a controls/automation perspective to help develop current and future products.
· Develop and maintain the technical file for each equipment in the department including recording any software or hardware changes in the drawing pack.
· We are a fast-growing business and so the role would suit a person with drive and interest in pursuing the many opportunities for career progression.
· 5+ years proven controls/automation engineering experience.
· Combination of strong programming skills and solid documentation experience.
· Ideally experience gained from working for a systems integrator and/or OEM.
· Broad knowledge of control system software design and testing.
· Strong understanding of configuration and development of PLC / HMI software from concept (Ideally Siemens TIA Portal).
· Experience of testing and commissioning safely in operational end user environments.
· Experience and knowledge of different design software & controls such as Arduino, EPLAN Electrical Design Software, Robot / Cobot, Stepper, Servo Drive, etc. would be desirable.
· Understanding of Machinery Safety (60204, 13849, etc). would be desirable.
· You will have a track record of solving problems through the application of a strong creative engineering mind.
· Interest in gaining familiarity of all aspects of the machine’s function to support company growth and professional development.
· Ability to communicate through your designs, verbally and written media. You will have good interpersonal skills with a completer–finisher approach to design.
· Focused and self-motivated with the ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
· Motivated to implement change, upscale design, and production, and is comfortable taking the lead and challenging the status quo.
· £40000 - £55000 with opportunities of growth.
· Company Pension.
· Overtime / TOIL
· Hybrid Working.
· Flexible Working
· Quarterly Bonus.
· Life Assurance
· Cycle to work scheme.
· Electric Vehicle scheme.