Do you want to revolutionise the medical sector with the use of Lasers and Robotics?
Are you a passionate Controls Engineer looking to develop your technical skillset whilst you progress through an industry leading business?
Does the opportunity to self-develop and progress within a dynamic and innovative company focused on creating solutions that helps save lives appeal?
Based on the outskirts of vibrant Cardiff, our team is at the cutting edge of laser & robot technology. Our expertise enables the world’s leading medical device manufacturers to automate their production to enable their life changing devices to impact ever more people.
With rolling hills and thriving cities right on our doorstep, we encourage a work life balance where our team are proud to work and live in beautiful South Wales, where adventure, culture and community are in affordable abundance.
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to join our highly innovative organisation undertaking life-saving partnerships with billion-dollar companies and technologically rich Customers. We create a culture where technical growth, new ideas and the advancement of possibilities are encouraged.
We offer a ‘people’ centric environment, focused on unlocking the growth of our close team in a fun, fair, and flexible way. We empower our team with the autonomy to have a significant impact and reach for the stars, allowing all to challenge the status quo as we strive for technical and brand excellence.
You will maintain a suite of automated laser wire stripping equipment to ensure continuous production. Develop the control systems of the equipment to improve uptime / yield and the machine capabilities. Develop a suite of manual and automated QA tools to verify the output of the production equipment.
- Develop the maintenance and set up procedures for the contract manufacturing equipment so that you and other members of the team can carry out routine maintenance and troubleshooting; including upkeep of equipment logs.
- Personally ensure the high output and yield of the production troubleshooting issues as and when they happen.
- Perform root cause analysis for any issues and implement Corrective and Preventative Actions.
- Complete PUWER assessments on all manufacturing equipment (automated machines and sampling equipment) including closing any documentation gaps.
- Develop a good technical understanding of Laser Wire Solutions products from a controls and applications perspective to help maintain the machines and measurement equipment.
- Develop and maintain the technical file for each equipment in the department including recording any software or hardware changes in the drawing pack.
- Where required, escalate issues to the Engineering team and ensure missing information is captured and trained within the team.
- Train other team members in the routine maintenance and troubleshooting of the equipment in the department
- Act as the primary escalation for production issues in the event that a machine or measurement system is not correctly functioning.
- Provide reports to the Contract Business Unit manager in terms of yield and uptime of the equipment and make suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Develop the equipment to specific customer needs including hardware and controls modifications.
- Develop the suite of QA tools to improve accuracy, ease of use and functionality.
- Contribute to the general management of the department, including non-technical aspects (policy, infrastructure, personnel etc.).
- Hands on experience of servicing, maintaining or setting up electro-mechanical equipment in factory environments; through the application of a strong creative engineering mind.
- Experience of programming PLC with in depth knowledge of Siemens TIA Portal and Schneider in particular.
- A good understanding and experience of programming Weintek HMIs.
- Trained and familiar with machine vision systems – in particular Cognex.
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical product design, manufacturing and shop floor processes and working within an ISO9001 quality system.
- Highly driven, with experience of working within a highly regulated industry.
- Pragmatic desire to learn new skills and grow technical knowledge and expertise.
- You will have a track record of tenaciously solving problems through the application of a strong creative engineering mind.
- Strong ability to be adaptable, with interest in gaining familiarity of all aspects of the machine’s function to support company growth and professional development.
- Thrives under pressure in a fast paced environment, using outstanding communication both through your designs, and verbal / written communications. You will have excellent interpersonal skills with a completer – finisher approach to design.
- Focused and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an internal and external team.
- Motivated to implement change, upscale design, and production, and is comfortable taking the lead and challenging the status quo.