Do you want to revolutionise the medical sector with the use of Lasers and Robotics?
Are you a passionate Development Engineer looking to develop your technical skillset whilst you progress through an industry leading business?
Does the opportunity to self-develop and progress within a dynamic and innovative company focused on creating solutions that helps save lives appeal?
Based on the outskirts of vibrant Cardiff, our team is at the cutting edge of laser & robot technology. Our expertise enables the world’s leading medical device manufacturers to automate their production to enable their life changing devices to impact ever more people.
With rolling hills and thriving cities right on our doorstep, we encourage a work life balance where our team are proud to work and live in beautiful South Wales, where adventure, culture and community are in affordable abundance.
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to join our highly innovative organisation undertaking life-saving partnerships with billion-dollar companies and technologically rich Customers. We create a culture where technical growth, new ideas and the advancement of possibilities are encouraged.
We offer a ‘people’ centric environment, focused on unlocking the growth of our close team in a fun, fair, and flexible way. We empower our team with the autonomy to have a significant impact and reach for the stars, allowing all to challenge the status quo as we strive for technical and brand excellence.
You will be joining a growing team of development engineers to design products and solutions to solve our customer’s manufacturing challenges. You will be working in a cross functional team of controls, optics & laser and process engineers. You will lead the design and development of new laser and robotic based materials processing equipment. As a seasoned mechanical engineer you will have a fundamental understanding of the engineering process from a mechanical design perspective.
- You desire to conduct research and innovate product creation and design to meet an ever evolving market place.
- You will play a key role in new product design and development, verification & qualification of products, developing new process and associated documentation.
- You will work through experiments to show functionality of concepts and processes.
- You will liaise with internal stakeholders, external clients, suppliers, and consultants to determine user needs and product requirement specifications.
- You will support company engineering activities acting as expert in subject matter.
- You will have a track record of tenaciously solving problems through the application of a strong creative engineering mind.
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes to ensure designs can be manufactured cost effectively.
- Highly driven, with experience of working within a highly regulated industry, medical devices ideally.
- A logical and pragmatic approach to the product development process including the solution of technical problems with a capacity for original thinking.
- Pragmatic desire to learn new skills and grow technical knowledge and expertise.
- Strong ability to be adaptable, with interest in gaining familiarity of all aspects of the machine’s function to support company growth and professional development.
- Thrives under pressure in a fast paced environment, using outstanding communication both through your designs, and verbal / written communications.
- Focused and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an internal and external team.
- Motivated to implement change, upscale design, and production, and is comfortable taking the lead and challenging the status quo.
- £30000 - £50000 with opportunities of growth.