Excellent opportunity for a degree educated (STEM) engineer with experience of Material Processing or Laser Experimentation in a Research and Development or Applications environment to join our unique, rapidly expanding company offering a technically challenging and varied position.
Our company specialises in the laser industry and produces equipment and machinery that is distributed worldwide. It is a very exciting time to be involved with us as we have ambitious growth plans to double headcount and turnover in the next two years.
In this role you will join a busy applications and development team to help develop new laser processes and products in innovative robotic laser stripping and soldering applications.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate or post-graduate from an Engineering, Physics (STEM Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) background. Any experience with laser material processing in highly beneficial.
The company offers an excellent salary, bonus, career progression and benefits package.
- You will lead the development of new laser processes and work closely with customers as well as our R&D team.
- You will research new technology and processes.
- You will seek to apply continuous improvements, problem-solving and solutions for our customers’ needs.
- You will need to carry out report writing and lab-based test work.
- Graduate or Post Grad (PhD, MEng) in a STEM subject such as Engineering or Physics.
- Any experience with material processing and laser experimentation highly beneficial.
- Lab based background and experience.
- Any project management experience and qualifications, such as PRINCE beneficial.