Do you want to travel the world and revolutionise the medical sector with the use of Lasers and Robotics?
Do you have strong technical skills and a methodical approach to problem-solving? Are you interested in international travel and working with advanced technology like lasers and robotics?
We are seeking a skilled and ambitious service engineer to join our After Sales team. In this role, you will work globally to install, maintain, and repair our products. This is a great opportunity to develop your technical skills and work with a supportive team in a dynamic and international environment. You will be given extensive product-specific training so only need to have the generic skills and a willingness to learn.
Our Customers are involved in a wide range of manufacturing industries including electric vehicles, space exploration, and quantum computing. However the bulk of our products are supplied to medical device manufacturers to help make life saving catheter based products.
Based on the outskirts of vibrant Cardiff, our team is at the cutting edge of laser & robot technology. Our expertise enables the world’s leading medical device manufacturers to automate their production to enable their life changing devices to impact ever more people.
With rolling hills and thriving cities right on our doorstep, we encourage a work life balance where our team are proud to work and live in beautiful South Wales, where adventure, culture and community are in affordable abundance.
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to join our highly innovative organisation undertaking life-saving partnerships with billion-dollar companies and technologically rich Customers. We create a culture where technical growth, new ideas and the advancement of possibilities are encouraged.
We offer a ‘people’ centric environment, focused on unlocking the growth of our close team in a fun, fair, and flexible way. We empower our team with the autonomy to have a significant impact and reach for the stars, allowing all to challenge the status quo as we strive for technical and brand excellence.
- Install, maintain and service our products at our Customer’s sites worldwide
- Train Customer engineers in the use and routine maintenance of our products
- Support Customers remotely by answering their questions or dialling in to their equipment
- Diagnose problems and identify the root cause of malfunctions or failures
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance and repair work
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the products and systems that you support
- Provide technical support to other parts of the business
- Complete required training to stay up-to-date with the latest technology and techniques
- Feedback improvement suggestions from the market to the engineering design team to help improve our products
- Strong technical skills: should have a solid understanding of electro-mechanical equipment, as well as the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems and understand technical documentation and drawings.
- Willing to travel: the role will require extensive travelling internationally. You will be expected to arrange your own travel and be self-managing in terms of getting to the Customer site. When in the UK you will be receiving and developing training and resources
- Attention to detail: need to be able to identify and address even small issues, as these can often have a big impact on the functioning of a system.
- Problem-solving skills: should be able to think critically and come up with creative solutions to complex problems.
- Good communication skills: may need to work with customers or other team members to explain technical concepts or troubleshoot issues. You should be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Adaptability: you will work with a variety of different systems and equipment, and should be able to adapt to new technologies and techniques quickly.
- Customer-focused: should be able to prioritize customer needs and provide excellent service.
- Organized: may need to manage multiple tasks and projects at once, so being well-organized is important.
- Safety-conscious: should be aware of safety regulations and procedures, and should prioritize the safety of yourself and others when working.
- £28,000 - £38,000 depending on experience + Company Bonus